This post is brought to you by our partners Divine Savior Academy.
Choosing a school for our children is one of the most important decisions we will need to make as parents. We not only want our children to learn and prepare for a successful professional future, but we also want to make sure they are in a place where they are treated with love and respect. We want them to be happy and enjoy their school experience from early childhood to the teenage years. We want to choose a school we can partner with to give our children a solid foundation for life.
Because we know how transcendent this decision is, we at Miami Mom Collective want to introduce you to the Divine Savior Academy (DSA) and give you more than a few reasons to consider this school when it comes to giving your children one of the best education opportunities available in our city.
More Than a Christian Education
As a Christian school, to develop the students spiritually is as important as their academic, social, emotional and physical growth. From preschool to high school, every child is introduced to the love of Christ and taught the Word of God and Biblical values that will guide them through their professional journey and throughout their life.
To achieve this, DSA’s Christian education goes beyond teaching the students the fundamentals of Christianity as part of their curriculum. The school has created and nurtured an environment where the love of Christ is at the center.
Every aspect of the school inside and outside the classroom, is rooted in this unconditional love and this is something that comes to life especially in the way challenges and conflicts are handled. In the way students are guided to be responsible, caring, considerate, and grace-filled.
DSA’s teachers create a learning space that is enjoyable, loving, and supportive to meet the needs of each student.
Play-based Approach for Preschool
DSA’s early childhood program includes PK3, PK4 and Kindergarten. Shawna Mehlberg, Early Childhood Director, shared with Miami Mom Collective a few thoughts on the preschool’s philosophy and learning style.
“This is not daycare, this is education. We focus on the child as a whole, so we are all about giving children a solid foundation for life with everything they need spiritually, socially, and emotionally. As a Christian school, we teach the little ones the word of God. We see His love growing in their hearts.
From a teaching style perspective, we look at children’s interest and we use that as the avenue, through play, to give them everything that they need academically. Our play-based approach is research-based. The role of the teacher is a facilitator that encourages social-emotional interactions, gets to know each child, and tailors instructions to their level.”
A Foundation For College and For Life
DSA’s programs across preschool, elementary, middle school and high school, not only aim to prepare students for their academic future with excellence, but more importantly, to provide them with a foundation for life. “They are our future explorers and creators, innovators and leaders, neighbors and parents.”
That’s why, when you get to know what DSA has to offer, you will find much more than an outstanding academic curriculum across all levels. In this school you will encounter many opportunities to develop your child socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
- Athletics – physical education classes, athletic skills development programs to teach students the fundamentals of sports like basketball, soccer, volleyball, track, and tennis.
- Fine Arts – music, visual arts, drama.
- College Counseling – offers counselors to guide students individually through the career and college planning process (middle school and high school).
- Volunteering Opportunities – help students learn about their unique gifts and find their calling through real-life experiences: New Friends, Operation Go.
Divine Savior Quick Facts
- Founded in 2004
- PK3-12th grade
- Located in the Doral area
- Diverse student population of 1,000 students
- Christian environment
- 100% 4-year college acceptance
- 30+ extra-curricular opportunities
- In 2020, Divine Savior School was born to serve students with special needs (on the Autism Spectrum with severe and profound needs) and their families by providing a true interdisciplinary program with onsite special education and therapy services in a supportive community shaped by Christ’s love.
A virtual tour of Divine Savior Academy in the Doral area is available here. If you would like to schedule a tour to visit the school, click here.