It’s officially MAY, y’all! Which in our house means summertime desserts. Preferably every weekend out at the pool! Because I’m a little bit (okay, a lot a bit!) of a health nut, I’ve made this 3 Ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream dairy-free, gluten-free, but not in any way taste free!
You should definitely know by now that I like to keep things super simple in the kitchen. We’ve got enough going on in this life, adding more hustle and bustle in the kitchen just isn’t my thing. I love to cook and when I can throw a few ingredients together super quick and see smiles immediately, I’m a happy mama.
Now, you do not need an ice cream maker for this recipe. That, my friends, is just how easy this is. Literally, all you need is a blender (something that purees), a bowl to freeze these three ingredients, and maybe an ice cream scoop — that works. Mine broke in the middle of scooping, but that’s a story for another day!
I always buy the two-pound container of strawberries at Costco. And most weeks we do really good to eat them, but this week, for some reason we were struggling. So, before they went to the dark side and had to be thrown out, I froze them. Later on, I decided a homemade strawberry ice cream would be a perfect way to use these babies up!
Are you ready for this recipe?! I hope so! When I make this again, I’m going to do one of two things: add more chopped up strawberries after the mixture is pureed or add some chocolate chips. Because let’s be honest, chocolate and strawberries go together like peanut butter and jelly, right?! Oh, yes!
3 Ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Time: 8 hours to freeze
- 3 cups frozen strawberries (I cut mine in half)
- 1-13.5 oz can of full-fat coconut milk (this gives it a creamier consistency like normal ice cream)
- 1/3 cup honey (if honey isn’t your thing, try maple syrup!)
- Throw all of the ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl that can freeze. (Because I’m not a fan of plastic, I used a square Pyrex dish that comes with a fitted lid. This worked out perfectly!)
- Freeze for at least 8 hours, or until solid.
- Grab your ice cream cones and serve!