3 Ingredient Almond Butter O’s Bars
Greetings fellow Mamas! I hope this post finds you wonderful, happy, and back into the swing of a brand new school year. I’m so excited to share this new recipe with you.
I think you and your babies are going to love these 3 Ingredient Almond Butter O’s Bars!
These bars could not be easier to make. All you need for these bars is THREE ingredients. Can you believe it?! I’m all about quick and easy foods and small amounts of ingredients (usually!).
It just makes life a lot more simple, don’t you think?!
The only thing that takes time with these bars is that they need to refrigerate for at least an hour. Melting the almond butter and sweetener and putting them in the pan literally takes 10 – 12 minutes.
Then, we have a little waiting game!
Refrigerating the bars helps to harden them so they’re easy to cut and they stick together.
We are officially one month into Gaby starting school and I can finally say, I’ve found my rhythm and finally have our schedule down to a science! I’m not going to lie, it took me a few weeks to get into the swing of this school thing.
With that said, nothing makes me happier than picking my baby up from school and bringing her home to a homemade snack!
These 3 Ingredient Almond Butter O’s Bars aren’t just kid friendly, they’re also daddy and mommy approved as well! We all love snacking on these bars for a little pick-me-up throughout a busy afternoon!
I hope you love these bars and enjoy them as much as we do!
- 3 cups cheerios (I used Organic Cascadian O's)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (you can use peanut butter if you choose)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil; set aside.
- Measure out the cereal and add to a mixing bowl; set aside for a few minutes.
- Heat up a small saucepan on medium heat and add the almond butter and sweetener of choice.
- Stir constantly until melted. Takes about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the cereal and stir well until all of the cereal is covered.
- Pour the cereal into your prepared pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into bars and eat!
- If you have leftovers, they're best kept covered and refrigerated.