Looking for a special homemade treat for Dad? I will teach you how to make Father’s Day cookies that he will love!
This topic is something I enjoy a lot. As a stay home mom, my dream since the beginning of this new adventure has been to be able to teach my child all I know about pastries, food and cooking! With Father’s Day around the corner I thought an easy recipe for sugar cookies could help your little ones to surprise their dads on this special day!
What will you need to make your Father’s Day Cookies
For the Cookies:
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 baking powder
1 cup of unsalted butter
1 cup of white sugar
For the Decorations:
Sprinkles (any kind you can find at Walmart, Target, and Amazon)
Fondant (Use your favorite color. You can also find it at Walmart or Amazon.)
Cookie Cutters (My favorites are from Amazon and Michaels)
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl mix softened butter, sugar and with a mixer until they become one.
- Add 1 egg to the bowl of the sugar and butter and start to mix on low speed then start to gradually mix in the flour.
- When you form a dough, divide it in half and wrap it in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle your countertop with powdered sugar so that you can roll out your dough.
- Use your favorite cookie cutter to start cutting your cookies.
- After you cut your cookie shapes, refrigerate for 15 min.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Always use the help of an adult, kids! 😉
- While waiting for the cookies to be ready and then to get cold after taking them from the oven, repeat step 7 but with your fondant.
- Cut the fondant in the same shape as your cookies.
- Paste the fondant over the cookies with a little brush of water.
- Put the fondant over the cookie and then decorate!
You can put your Father’s Day cookies in a little box with a card and voilá the perfect (and most delicious) gift for dad!
I hope you enjoy this recipe with your little ones. I can’t wait to try it with my son when the time comes… it won’t be long!
For more Father’s Day gift ideas be sure to check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide.
Updated June 2023