You are really going to enjoy the ease and flavor of this colorful Caprese bowl lunch dish.
One cornerstone of consistently eating healthy is to have satisfying meals on a regular basis. I define a satisfying meal as one that is adequate, balanced, and enjoyable. This concept applies to anyone that is looking to live a healthy lifestyle but doesn’t want to feel like they are on a diet. Because let’s face it, diets are no fun!
In order to help ensure your meal is satisfying you can keep in mind just 2 things:
- Does my meal have PF3® (protein, fiber, fat, and fun)?
- Is my meal big enough to keep me full until my next eating opportunity?
This recipe is PF3® balanced. You get protein from the cheese and chickpeas, fiber from the veggies and chickpeas, and fat from the olives and cheese. It is fun because it is easy and super delicious. I also like to use the fun in PF3® as a reminder that all foods fit and it’s okay to eat without guilt or overthinking your food choices.
In terms of making this meal adequate, you may have to play around with this Caprese bowl recipe a bit. It will be enough for some but not enough for others. I tend to write recipes to have portions on the smaller side. Mostly because it’s easier and more fun to add things than to take them away.
If you need to make this meal more substantial you can increase the portion of any of the ingredients. You can also top it with a drizzle of olive oil and/or add a nice piece of a baguette on the side.
PF3® Caprese Bowl
- 2.5 oz Fresh mozzarella cut into small pieces
- 1 medium Tomato cut into chunks
- 1/4 medium Red onion cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas
- 5 leaves Fresh basil rolled together and sliced
- 1 tsp Balsalmic vinegar to taste
- 1 pinch Salt/pepper (bread dip seasoning or everything bagel seasoning is also a delicious replacement) to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl