We all need a homemade cookie from time to time, don’t you think?! YES!! The answer is always a great big yes. I love cookies, but even more I love Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Not only do I love a super delicious soft and chewy cookie, but I love a healthier version of said cookie! I feel so much better when I feed my family wholesome ingredients — even if they are cookies!
Most importantly, these cookies cover all my check marks. They’re gluten free and made with coconut sugar. Instead of using all purpose flour, I used almond and coconut flour. And like always, I use my favorite vegan chocolate chips!
Gaby loves to help me bake. And there’s nothing I love more than when she sits on top of the counter, pulls out a spoon and starts mixing ingredients together.
If I’m being totally honest, there’s always a little double dipping action going on too!
Who can resist a little bite of chocolate chip cookies, much less the dough?!
Now, the cookie dough comes together rather quickly. Pull out your mixer and make life easier! Once the dough is formed, you have to let it refrigerate for one hour.
However, in order for these chocolate chip cookies to be absolute perfection, the dough needs to be super firm to create that soft and chewy action in every bite.
I like to use my mini ice cream scoop to form the cookies and then bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Above all try to let the cookies cool long enough to not burn your mouth when you take a big bite!
Pour yourself (and your kids) a glass of milk and enjoy the best Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies ever!
- 1 cup almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp room temp butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- In a small mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together. Set aside.
- Using a standing or handheld mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add the almond butter and egg. Beat for a few more seconds.
- Next, add the flour mixture and beat together until the dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough until it’s firm – about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or a silpat.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop to form your balls. Lightly press down the cookie with the palm of your hand to flatten it just a little bit.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes. Then place the cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.