It’s officially spring, which means it’s about to get a little bit hotter up in here! Welcome to Miami! I don’t know about you, but hot weather has me craving healthy, light foods that leave me full and totally satisfied. Therefore, I’ve created what might be the easiest salad on the planet: Springtime Berry Salad!
We went to my happy place over the weekend–Costco–and I loaded us up on every kind of berry. Berries are definitely some of my favorite fruits to eat in that they’re so versatile and healthy for you. Throw them on top of a salad, in a smoothie, or on top of your morning oats and you’ve got a perfect meal, don’t you think?!
Salads scream springtime and make for a delicious meal any time of day!
The sky is the limit on all the things you can do with this salad. But I like to keep things simple and super quick for those busy mid-morning days where I need something ASAP. I made this salad in about ten minutes for lunch one day. You can easily turn this into a 30-minute meal by adding some meat or fish on top.
If you want to make life even easier, buy an already prepared Rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. Aren’t those the best thing ever?! I have my days where I don’t feel like cooking and that’s always my go-to dinner. Easy, breezy and the family is happy and full! Which is always a mama’s goal, right?!
Time: 10 minutes
- 4 – 5 cups spring mix (or whatever greens you love most)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced purple onion
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup sliced strawberries
- couple handfuls of raspberries
- couple handfuls of almonds or pecans (optional)
- a little feta or goat cheese sprinkled on top (optional)
- your favorite vinaigrette (I like to make my own most of the time, but lately I’ve been hooked on this lemon vinaigrette!
- Add all of the veggies and berries to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the greens and drizzle your favorite dressing on top. Mix well.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, if desired.
- Eat as is or add some protein on top for a delicious and healthy meal!
Happy Spring! I hope you enjoy this Springtime Berry Salad!