Summer is here! I don’t know about you, but I love eating fresh cold things when I’m out by the pool. This tuna tartare recipe is one of my favorite dishes to spruce up for my friends and family when they come over. It is an easy dish to make with a big wow factor!
1 T. sesame seed oil
2 T. soy sauce
Zest of 1 lemon
1 t. grated ginger
1/4 C. chopped scallions
2 lbs. sushi-grade tuna
4 ripe Hass avocados
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
1 t. salt
Pinch of pepper
How to Make
- Cut all tuna into 1/2 inch cubes. Cover and place in refrigerator while you work on the rest of the recipe.
- Cut the avocado into cubes. Place in a separate bowl.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to avocados and fold. Set it aside.
- Add soy sauce, sesame seed oil, ginger, and scallions to the chopped tuna and fold.
- For the next step, you will need to use a round mold. Chefs use something called a ring which is something similar to a thick cookie cutter, however, any round object that can give you the shape will work. Make sure to place the avocado on the bottom and the tuna on top.
This tuna tartare recipe pairs best with Cassava chips, however, if you can’t find them, regular tortilla chips will do the trick too. Enjoy!
Editor’s Note: For another great poolside treat, be sure to try this 3 ingredient strawberry ice cream!