Who loves baking homemade bread that makes your house smell like a bakery?! If that’s you, you’re going to love this incredibly easy-to-make Vegan Apple Pumpkin Bread!
When I say “incredibly easy-to-make” I mean — throw everything into ONE BOWL, mix until well combined, bake and EAT! How easy is that?! However, I will tell you this bread takes a good hour to bake. This is where I have to work on my patience. But like the old saying goes, “All good things come to those who wait.” Right?! Yes!!!
Good things usually come in the form of bread in my house!
When I made this bread I had just enough time to throw it in the oven, run down to our condo gym and get in a good run. Making it back just in time to hear the buzzer going off, I pulled this loaf right out of the oven. Can I just say: my kitchen smelled like Heaven!
I believe in using my time wisely and I’m also a firm believer in working out just so I can eat all the fall-like breads I want. Everything in moderation, right?! Obviously, that includes homemade bread.
Above all, this recipe is super flavorful, moist, and truly tastes amazing!
Here’s a quick tip for you: If you don’t have a full hour to bake, you can easily turn this loaf of bread into muffins. Bake them for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and you’ll be ready to eat! Easy breezy.
Because this bread is homemade and doesn’t have preservatives, I refrigerate it for a longer shelf life. It actually tastes really good cold, but heating it up in a toaster oven or on top of the stove tastes delicious too. I truly hope you love this Vegan Apple Pumpkin Bread as much as we do! Have it for breakfast with a cup of coffee or serve it for dessert. It’s also a perfect pick-me-up when you need a quick snack!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal plus 2 1/2 tbsp water mixed together)
- 2 apples (gala, honeycrisp, granny smith, etc…), peeled, cored and diced small
- 1 tbsp nondairy butter (I use soy-free Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats plus a little more for the topping
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon plus a little more for the apples
- couple handfuls of raisins or chopped nuts; optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease and line the loaf pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper is optional, just makes it easier to pull the bread out after baking. Set aside for a few.
- In a large bowl, prepare the flax egg. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium size saute pan, saute the apples and non-dairy butter together on medium heat until softened. Add a sprinkle or two of cinnamon and stir together. Set aside.
- In the bowl with the flax egg, whisk in the pumpkin, almond milk, sugar, oil and vanilla. Carefully sift all of the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon over the wet ingredients and stir.
- Add the apples and oats and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle oats on top.
- Bake for 60 – 70 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and store in an air tight container. It’s best to refrigerate so that it stays fresh! Warm up leftovers in a toaster oven if you want to and smear a little butter on top! YUM!!!