We had our first scheduled appointment outside of the house this last week. It was funny, actually. Several weeks into our new routine–wake-up, have breakfast, then head to the couch for school–I’d forgotten how much time it took to leave the house with the kids for a scheduled event… ha! But despite the hectic pace of our morning, getting out and going to the doctor’s office for my son’s well-visit felt normal.
The Dentist is In!
If you haven’t heard, Dr. Bob Pediatric Dentist re-opened last Friday, May 8th! Now is the perfect time to schedule those dentist appointments for the kids–especially if they missed their routine check-ups during the closure or have any cavities that need attention. If your infant needs to be evaluated for a tongue or lip-tie or is now ready for their 1st dentist’s appointment–whatever your family’s pediatric dental needs are–Dr. Bob and his team are poised and ready to continue their mission of providing the exceptional care your child deserves.
What You Need to Know
A major aspect of providing quality pediatric dental care is maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for patients and their families. This includes infection control, which has always been a top priority at Dr. Bob Pediatric Dentist. But life in a post-COVID19 world requires additional precautions and safety measures. Dr. Bob’s practice follows the infection control protocols outlined by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
In addition to those recommendations, Dr. Bob Pediatric Dentist has put additional measures in place to prioritize your safety:
- Dr. Bob and his entire staff were all tested for COVID19 and received negative results
- Placement of HEPA air purifiers and germicidal UV lights throughout the office
- Daily fogging with a hospital-grade, EPA approved sterilizing agent for use against COVID19
- Daily temperature screenings for Dr. Bob and every member of the staff
These are just a few of the ways Dr. Bob and his team go above and beyond for each of their patients.
Preparing For Your Child’s Appointment
I get it. As a mom, I was nervous about taking my kid somewhere. My bubbly, curious, adventurous boy who touches all. the. things. But knowing the new protocol at the office and being able to confidently talk about it with my son gave us both great peace of mind. What should you expect when you return to the office? We asked Dr. Bob.
- The staff will ask a series of screening questions prior to your child’s appointment, as well as when you arrive at the office
- Upon arrival, each patient and their parent/guardian will have their temperature screened
- Only patients with scheduled appointments will be seen, accompanied by one adult; siblings without an appointment or additional family members will not be allowed inside for safety reasons
- Parents/Guardians should bring their own mask or face covering, as masks will not be provided due to the shortage of personal protective equipment
- Hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the office and you will be asked to sanitize your hands when you come into the office
Going to the dentist should be a positive experience, and these changes go a long way to easing any anxiety we or our children may feel about returning to the dentist during this quarantine.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Visiting the dentist is a great opportunity to get back into our regular routines and support our local dental community. Your kids will get the care they need and Dr. Bob and his team will be glad to see their patients, neighbors, and friends. And new patients are welcome! Call the office at 305-397-8214 or click here to schedule online.
In the meantime, Dr. Bob has some great ideas for fun things to do while we’re at home with our kids. Let’s continue to enjoy the sweet aspects of this challenging time as we take steps toward our new normal together.