The holidays are upon us! Do you feel the Christmas joy? Is your tree up yet? How about your Thanksgiving dinner plans?
How is all that going?
It is expected that during the holiday season your family gathers for food and fellowship. Usually this will involve little humans joining the party. Our family usually gets at least 3 more little ones, and in an attempt to make their holidays memorable, I plan ahead and gather a few activities to do with them before they arrive.
Here are a few free ideas and activities for spending quality time with the kids during the holiday break.
Cookie Decorating or Rice Krispy Tree Decor
- Of all of my favorite activities, this is my go-to. Our family loves it!
- All you have to do is gather sugar cookies, icing, candy, and get ready for a fun activity with the kids.
- In the picture below we made fresh rice krispies and formed them into trees, then decorated them with sprinkles, candy buttons and icing.
- If your family is in town, take advantage and snap a few pictures with your family. They dont have to be professional and you don’t event have to post them. You have a phone, yes? Take them on your phone and cherish them for years to come.
- Do it!
Pancake and Pajama Breakfast Party
- In the early morning create a delicious pancake spread with fruit, syrup, whipped cream and anything else your family enjoys.
- Have them brush their teeth 🙂 and gather at the table for a yummy and eventful breakfast.
- This is another one of our favorite activities to do as a family.
- Here is what you do… dress up, and bring your fake accent and a tea set to make a memorable moment with your babes.
Visit the Library
- The library is filled with books, adventures, and activities for children and adults alike. Take a quick trip to your local library to encourage reading and to get out of the house!
And last but not least …
- Here are a few of my favorite printables to pull off a quick activity for the kids.
- Thanksgiving activities:
- Christmas activities:
That’s all! What are a few of your free go-to activities? Comment below and share… I would love to continue adding to my list.