The holidays are rapidly approaching and that means lots of parties, charity events, and family gatherings. Most busy moms struggle with getting the family dressed let alone have the time to find cute outfits for themselves. Maybe you are worried about that stubborn baby weight that just won’t leave or you might be thinking that nothing looks good on you. Well, I have the perfect solution for you! A little black dress, or two. (wink)
Honestly, the only thing that you need this holiday season is an LBD! Wikipedia says, “A little black dress (LBD) is a black evening or cocktail dress, cut simply and often quite short.” Yes, owning a little black dress is essential to your holiday wardrobe. Its versatility is endless and it will never let you down. The LBD is perfect because it can be dressed up or down for all of those festive occasions. Besides, everyone looks good in black!
Your LBD doesn’t have to be basic. Perhaps try lace, off the shoulder, form-fitting or even a wrap dress. No matter your age, size or the occasion you can rock a little black dress. All you need are a few simple accessories and a cute handbag and you are good to go. Trust me it’s every woman’s secret weapon!
Here are 5 tips on styling your little black dress:
- Add a pop of color! My secret to taking my look to the next level is a bold red lipstick!
- Spanx or a body shaper that gets the job done!
- Accessories that stand out like dangling earrings or a chunky necklace.
- A comfy but stylish pump.
- Pick a statement piece and dress it up around that. This can be a handbag, statement coat, piece of jewelry or shawl.