Check out our Fall Events & Activities Guide!
Let’s face it. Living in South Florida we know the color-changing leaves are left to the imagination and our fall season is more of wishful thinking. While the rest of the nation brags about pumpkin spice lattes and wintery evenings, we are barely clinging on to our cardigans hoping to not sweat through and hoping for temp drops low enough to wear our boots!
But that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the season. Summer officially ended on September 22nd but with the heat, it’s difficult to accept that fall is actually upon us. Don’t fret. There is hope and some ways to make memories while enjoying the season, Miami-style. You can still enjoy your PSL, just make it iced to go! Here are a few things to add to your fall bucket list.
START WITH AN EVENT: FARM FALL FESTIVALS & PUMPKIN PATCHES, OH MY!
There are several local venues hosting a variety of family-friendly events. The local farms are a great place to start and really bring in the season with pumpkin patches and so much more. A few farms are also hosting Halloween events, some for kids and some for our older friends. BONUS! These are great opportunities to get your family photos for your holiday cards.
- Berry Farms has kicked off its Harvest Festival happening through November 13. The event includes a 5-acre corn maze, hay rides, live bands, a pumpkin patch and so much more!
- Tinez Farms is hosting their 2nd annual Fall Festival & Pumpkin Patch through the 27th of November which includes an animal barnyard, pumpkin patch, zipline, bounce house and so much more. Enjoy all of this and more during our Hanging With Heroes event on October 29th & 30th! Click here for details and tickets.
- Pinto’s Farm is featuring a pumpkin patch with tractor and pony rides, magic shows, and more.
- Knaus Berry Farm is going to be opening sometime in late October/early November and we are just counting the days to pick up our freshly baked cinnamon rolls. During the holiday season, we love to pick up dozens for ourselves and family and just wake up to them with a fresh cup of coffee, mmm. (Pro-tip, find you a friend that will stand in line for hours to pick up your batch of rolls).
- Phil’s Berry Farm & The Red Barn Estate is hosting a family fun music fest on October 16 and the best part, it’s free!
- The Little Farm Fall Festival runs all through October to the 31st and features a petting zoo, hay maze, butterfly garden, and pumpkin patch.
OTHER HAPPENINGS TO TRY AROUND TOWN
Miami Springs is hosting a Pumpkin Patch and Harvest Festival October 17-31. They will not only have hundreds of pumpkins to choose from but include homemade pumpkin pies, muffins, and breads.
The Miami Book Fair is fun for the entire family. A perfect time to find that next perfect read and inspire young minds. Happening November 13 through 20 online and in Downtown Miami, the weather might just spark enough chill for a hot chocolate stroll.
Speaking of a stroll, Aventura Mall is beautiful any day but filled with fall-themed décor and more. Cielito Artisan Pops is bringing back their seasonal Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie pop. Your little one will enjoy their Halloween-themed pops from Frankenstein to mummies.
Merrick Park is always so beautiful at the end of the year. On October 29 & 30 you can enjoy their Fall Celebration in the courtyard. There will be family games, live music, photo ops, and much more. Sunday will include their Farmer’s Market as well. Here’s a beautiful bonus: bring a donation of a non-perishable food item like boxed stuffing, instant mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and green beans.
If seafood is your thing, then you’ll love the South Beach Seafood Festival October 19-22. Not only does the festival feature amazing chefs but it kicks off the stone crab season.
The Miami International Auto Show is taking place October 15-23 at the Miami Beach Convention Center which promises to be new and exciting this year.
Don’t forget our Miami Heat is back and it is always fun to make it a family night and catch season-opening games.
Celebrate Kiddo-Ween on October 29 at CityPlace Doral. You can enjoy character appearances, live shows, and so much more.
Be sure to check back with Miami Mom Collective for all of the Halloween happenings around town!
>> For more local farms, pumpkin patches, events, and area festivals check out our Fall Events & Activities Guide HERE <<
As a gentle reminder, there are a lot of food drives that also happen during this time of year. Check out your local listings to see how you can help and support. It’s a great way to involve your little ones and teach them compassion. A simple way our family loves to help is to visit our local community fridge and drop off food items. A few cans of beans or some fruits can help a family in need. Locate a community fridge here.
Make sure to comment and share any cool things you like to do during the fall season in Miami below or via our Instagram @MiamiMomCollective tag #MiamiMomFall