The M.V.Ps in Our Lives
On April 17, Husband Appreciation Day is celebrated; let us celebrate the hubbies! Even though we should celebrate our husbands every day, this is THEIR day. They are the “cheese to our macaroni.” They complete us! Sounds CHEESY? CLICHÉ? But, it is true!
Not Father’s Day
Originally, Husband Appreciation Day is celebrated by families with no children. Father’s Day is the day families with children celebrate fathers. But, who says we cannot do both? Our hubbies deserve BOTH holidays! They play such a special role as husbands AND fathers.
Love and Respect
Let us celebrate our wonderful men and everything they do! As wives, show them what they mean to us! Moreover, help them see how much we value, love, and most importantly, respect them! They, too, are as precious as us. Husbands are hardworking, and they play such an imperative role in our marriages and parenting. They are our right hand. In fact, hubbies are the best players on our team.
We should always date our husbands. Our marriages need to be kept alive with love and passion. Marriage is a work in progress, as is love. As couples, we made a commitment to love one another no matter what. We should honor and respect our hubbies, unconditionally, as wives. As husbands, they should love us, unconditionally. It is how men and women were created. Men seek respect; women seek love. Therefore, let us show honor and respect to our hubbies on this special day! They deserve it! Shout it one more time: Celebrate the hubbies on Husband Appreciation Day! Many husbands help around the house. For example, they do the dishes, the laundry, take out the trash, and wash our cars (even if they are the ones who take the car to the car wash).
Ways to Celebrate Our Loves:
- Leave love notes in his lunchbox.
- Send unexpected emails expressing your love and gratitude.
- Surprise him with his FAVORITE dish. It is said, “Men’s happiness lies in their belly.”
- Mention how much you appreciate and respect him.
- Surprise him with a gift of his interest.
- Plan a date night! Book that BABYSITTER! A picnic on the beach to watch the sunset would be breathtaking and SO romantic! Keep that fire alive!
- Give him a day off! No chores for the day!
- Share the same interests with him. Watch sports together, if this his one of his hobbies. (Pretend you understand everything that is going on during the game. Shout when he does. This cracks me up! And so will he!)
- Take a stroll around the neighborhood, or beach, and just talk. Connect.
Our husbands are our happy place: celebrate them!