Conceiving wasn’t the easiest for us but my pregnancy was (for the most part), and I was able to indulge as I pleased without any medical worries. I ended up gaining about 60 lbs by the time the girls were born and granted I had twins, but that’s a lot for my 5 foot 3 frame. It’s been over three years now and I’ve got about 15 more lbs to lose to feel comfortable in my body. It’s not as easy to shed weight when you have babies to take care of but it’s definitely possible.
Here are 5 things that have helped me get my groove back. I hope they help you too.
1. Keep a Food Log
Over the years I have found that in order to successfully lose weight I need accountability. I like using MyFitnessPal because it makes it really easy to log and track foods. You can set goals and see nice charts and breakouts of your entries–personally, visuals help me a lot. It also makes me think twice about what I’m going to eat and I end up making better food choices. Track even if you decide to indulge and go over caloric goals! It takes the guilt out completely and you are able to enjoy it and move on.
2. Move That Body
Normally my go-to is a spin or boxing class. But since that’s not possible right now just move that body however you can. Walk, run, dance at home, find a virtual workout, it all counts! Sweating releases endorphins and keeps that drive to getting your groove back going.
3. Drink Water
When I drink the recommended half of my weight in ounces and feel so much more energized and clear-headed. I also tend not to over snack and crave sweets. Yes, H2O!
4. Meal Planning
I don’t always have time or energy for meal prep, but I try to at least meal plan. Splitting it up into two days a week helps make it less overwhelming so I like to use Sunday and Wednesday to meal plan, take inventory, and shop. Since quarantine has limited our grocery trips I have been using Instacart. Grocery delivery saves me time, minimizes stressful trips to the store with two toddlers who like to touch everything, and allows me to spend more time on things I enjoy.
5. Clothing Subscription
For the longest time I wanted to try one of these out, but pre-babies I always had plenty of time to shop, and I love a good bargain hunt. However, after I had my girls I realized that clothing subscriptions are the way to go! For one thing, I can try on at home, in peace, while the girls are asleep or watching TV. I get to try things on with items I already have and see if it’s something I’ll actually wear. It’s such an easy way to refresh your wardrobe, and it keeps me motivated to consistently do the first four things I mentioned.
I chose Trunk Club (there are more options) and this is why I love it:
- It’s affiliated with Nordstrom and I can use my Nordstrom card.
- You can sign up to get a “trunk” once a month, every two months, or every three months, and you can skip or cancel anytime.
- There’s also an option to set a price range so that you don’t receive items that you’ll fall in love with but can’t afford.
- You get a stylist! The stylist will put outfits together for you with items you choose to purchase and pieces you already have. All you have to do is add photos of things you already own.
- You can choose clothes, accessories, or shoes.
- You can review your “trunk” before it ships, and request a replacement or a different color or size.
- They give you 5 days to try on and returning is super simple–they will pick up from your home
What excites you most about getting your groove back? Drop a comment and let us know… we’re cheering you on!