Before we jump into affirmations, let’s begin by identifying Mental Health, a topic widely used by people in every paradigm of life. It is interesting how this topic is not just at the peak of doctors, therapists, and physiologists conversations but sitting among schools, family dinners, PTA discussions, and corporate organizations – just to mention a few. I find it comforting that instead of discussing mental health as a limitation and condition, it is more identified as a practice and even an area of wellbeing. With this, come some practical tactics that can be incorporated into your daily life to better steer your mental health. Think about it as a mindset amenity you can easily add to your daily regimen, with significant impactful results.
For instance, there are many opportunities available like journaling, mediation, movement, and nutrition, among a few, which are all available to assist with your growth and mindset development. Therefore, incorporating an immediate practice that works for you will better help and improve your mental muscles, which again, will have a large impact in your overall daily performance.
Let me introduce you to an immediate exercise that you can implement into your daily regimen. It brings a refreshing and practical approach that can be implemented instantly, no tools needed.
There are many tactics available for growth and mindset development. This one allows for an easy exercise regimen for your brain.
First, affirmations are statements or phrases that help you gently replace the negative thoughts in your head with more positive ones. Consequently, when you use affirmations to think more positive thoughts, you will manifest more positive outcomes in your life. Affirmations are statements of belief.
To clarify, the words you say to yourself can significantly impact your day, your thoughts, and your general behaviors. Therefore, why not set yourself up for success and happiness by using this simple practice?
A simple way to create the results you want easily, as well as add a healthy practice of positivity to your life and encourage a growth mindset, is to incorporate daily positive affirmations into your routine.
How do I use affirmations?
Do you know we are constantly using affirmations? They show up without intention in our subconscious and in our existing life. However, the problem lies that most people tend to unconsciously affirm the opposite of what they want and intend to create.
For example, they affirm, “I don’t have enough money” or “I’m not smart”. All of those energies are just reinforcing or supporting that negative idea, continuing to create those undesired results.
To create the results you would define as “living your best life”, use positive affirmations that boldly state what you intend to draw and create into your life. As a result, it pays to choose words very consciously and use your affirmations to what supports your true desires.
Here are 3 good places to incorporate daily positive affirmations into your life:
- Start your mornings with daily positive affirmations that send forth the intention of what you want to create. This simple practice will set you up for success and infuse you with as much energy as a cup of coffee!
- Throughout your day, as you are battered by challenges, demands, and chaos, call a mental timeout. Spend a minute or two reciting positive affirmations to center yourself and enter the next phase of your day in a state of clarity.
- End your day with positive affirmations before heading off to bed. It’s a great way to end your evening on a high note of positivity, gratitude, and optimism.
Positive Affirmations for Creating an Intentional & Happy Life
To get your start on building your habit of daily positive affirmations, I’ve put together a collection of my favorites below.
Positive Morning Affirmations
Use these affirmations in the morning to start your day off right.
- I feel healthy and strong today.
- I have all I need to make today a great day.
- I attract positive things and people in my life.
- I choose to do great things today.
- I am patient and calm and looking forward to today.
- I have it within me to solve any challenges that occur today.
- I am happy and content with my life.
- I am grateful for another day to make a positive contribution.
- I am optimistic because today is a new day.
- I am the creator of my best reality.
Daily Positive Affirmations
These affirmations are great to use throughout the day.
- I embody confidence.
- I know a positive attitude can bring me success.
- I am self-sufficient, creative, and resilient.
- I am enough and I am loved.
- I am far more powerful and contain more potential than any circumstance, situation, or condition.
- I am growing and I am going at my own pace.
- I will finish my tasks with joy today.
End of Day Positive Affirmations
Apply these affirmations into your night routine.
- I release today.
- I am grateful.
- I forgive myself for what I did not accomplish today.
- I will sleep and rest with a peaceful mind.
- I am in harmony.
- I choose peace.
- I will leave the past in the past.
- I love myself.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I’ve done my best today.
Bonus: Here are some great affirmations for kids.
Positive Affirmations for Kids
Teach the children in your life how to nurture positive self-talk with these easy affirmations.
- I am strong. I am smart. I work hard.
- I am beautiful. I am respectful.
- I am amazing. I am great.
- I am confident and feel great being me.
- If I fall, I get back up.
- I choose to learn, grow, expand, and take baby steps to create my personal best TODAY.
Remember that everything in life is created twice – first in our minds, and then as a physical reality. Therefore, your affirmations play a big role in determining what you are creating. Be sure to create something that serves you.
What do you want to affirm?
Share it in the comments and I’ll send you a customized printable you can put up in your favorite space.