Communication is VITAL in day-to-day life and is one of the core values in our home. Communication keeps our family on the same page and “in the know.” This is why I am constantly seeking new techniques to help me communicate more effectively with my children! Let’s ditch the basic how was your day today line and dive deeper into the conversation.
Here are 7 of my favorite go-to conversation starters:
- What was the best part of your day today and why?
- What was the worst part of your day today and why?
- If you won $100 what would you do with it?
- If you wrote a book what would it be about?
- What color do you think is the happiest? Why does it make you feel happy?
- If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
- What is something that you are good at?
*Pro Mom Tip*
Along with these open-ended conversation starters, I have found that journaling with your kids opens the door to communication a little further. Here is a journal that may help you get to know your children a little better!