Today I’m bringing you one of my favorite go-to summertime drinks. It’s a Collagen Vanilla Iced Coffee perfect for those afternoons when I need a quick boost to get me through the rest of the evening! I don’t know if you ever do this, but I’m notorious for making a pot of coffee in the morning, I drink a minimum of two cups, and the rest sits in the coffee pot all day long.
When we were kids (and even as adults) my grandmother used to say in the most southern accent ever, “Y’all, I’m fixin’ to have a sinking spell.” Which means: I need some caffeine and something sweet to eat quick! I decided something needed to be done with my leftover coffee for those afternoons when I feel like I’m about to have a sinking spell.
Now, you may be wondering why I put collagen in my coffee?! I’ve been doing it for the last six months or so and I can’t stop! A while back I started having a lot of joint pain. I don’t know if this is called old age or what, but I’m not appreciating it one bit! Because of the wonderful world wide web I read an article about how good collagen is for your body. I bought some off Amazon and I’ve literally never turned back.
And guess what? My joints don’t hurt anymore. It’s a collagen miracle!!!
Let’s chat about this coffee. I like to make this in advance and have it hanging out in my fridge for those “sinking spell” moments. If you don’t want to do that — no worries. It’s super quick and easy to throw together. One glass of this Iced Coffee and you’ll be ready to finish out the rest of your day!
Collagen Vanilla Iced Coffee
Ingredients for the Coconut Milk Cream:
- 1 – 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp maple syrup (or whatever sweetener you like)
- 1 – 2 tsp vanilla extract
(If coconut milk isn’t your thing, use whatever milk you love most! Almond milk, half and half, etc… )
Ingredients for the Coffee:
- 8-10 oz cold or room temp coffee per person
- 1 scoop of Collagen per person
- 2 – 3 tbsp coconut milk cream (you just whipped up!)
- In a blender add all of the “Cream” ingredients. Blend together for a few seconds until it’s creamy and a little bit frothy. Pour over into a jar/container that can be refrigerated. (You won’t use all of this at one time.)
- Add the coffee, collagen, and cream to the blender and blend together.
- Taste it and make sure it’s sweet and creamy enough.
- Pour over ice and sip!
If you need something sweet to snack on while you’re sipping this delicious iced coffee, go check out my healthy snack ideas! I hope you love and enjoy this Collagen Vanilla Iced Coffee as much as I do!