Have you ever tried preparing a meal using a crockpot? It’s a game changer! Ahhhhh, just imagine with me…..you’re coming home from a busy day of work, you’re exhausted, BUT dinner is almost ready! Thanks to the Crockpot!
This Zesty Chicken recipe is one of our family favorites and it’s so easy because of our friend the crockpot. Put it in before you leave for work or when you’re home for lunch and dinner will be ready with very little effort. Don’t own a crockpot? Do yourself a favor and buy one NOW!
Zesty Italian Crockpot Chicken
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Package Zesty Italian Dressing Seasoning
8 oz package soft cream cheese
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- Cut each chicken breast in 3 pieces and place in crockpot.
- Sprinkle Italian Dressing seasoning over chicken breasts.
- Pour 2 cans of chicken soup into crockpot.
- Cut cream cheese into one inch slices and lay over soup and stir.
- Cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6+ hours.
- Shred chicken in crockpot and simmer on low for one more hour. (Have a glass of wine, change into comfortable clothes, set the table and call the family to dinner!)
Serve with your choice of vegetable and make-ahead rice. Leftovers are even better!
We promised you an easy make ahead meal but what meal is complete without dessert? This delicious dessert can be made ahead too!
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 Tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon margarine
(2) 8 oz packages cream cheese
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla
(3) peeled apples, sliced very thin
¼ cup chopped pecans
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon & margarine.
- Press into bottom of 9 inch pan. Bake at 350, 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese & sugar mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, blend in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Toss apples with combined sugar & cinnamon. Spoon apple mixture over cream cheese layer; add pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Enjoy! *No guarantee there will be leftovers! 😉
Need another quick dessert recipe? Try Whitney’s One Bowl Pumpkin Brownies!